Friday, September 28, 2007

Done with neph

Today was my last day of nephrology. It was a quiet week--I don't think I did any consults. The last three days we have finished rounds before noon and I have spent the afternoons wandering aimlessly through the hospital and drinking a lot of coffee (I drink way more coffee on light rotations than on busy). Yesterday I studied a lot, today I played games on my PDA. I think this month has gone by faster than any other rotation I've been on.

Monday I'll start my pediatric sub-i in the intermediate ICU of our children's hospital. I'll share call with three interns--naturally, I'll be up Monday.

I still only have one interview invitation--fortunately most of the other students I know who are applying to surgery also only have one or two, I think a lot of programs haven't even started reviewing applications yet. My friend who is applying to family medicine, on the other hand, has 16 interview invitations a week after turning his application in.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry; that's how surgery goes. I remember feeling exactly the same way at this time last year when my friends applying to peds basically had their schedules all filled out, and I had yet to hear from one program. Surgery tends to send invitations from October even into November.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home